Friday, 28 November 2008

Waiting in the silence.......

Sometimes, when friends are out of contact and the world seems a slightly colder place, I look out of my window at the pale winter sunlight on the trees. I wonder what befalls those whom I love, hope they are well and happy and know that their silence is not a slight: just a consequence of circumstance. 
How to let them know that all is well here? Telepathy perhaps, the assistance of a medium, an e-mail (they are not online and wont be for quite some time perhaps) or, Lord preserve us, a letter via that  slightly slow and occasionally unreliable organisation, the Royal Mail? Enough of such attempts to circumvent the compulsion of events.
Simply stated, in black ink, all is well here and I hope the same is true for those I hold dear.

A Funny Old Life




2 comments:

  1. oi oi - not so silent NOW is it? hehehehhe You are such great writer I can't wait to read more xxx

    ReplyDelete