Wednesday, 10 February 2010

Marko's Women

I like women a lot, I love their complexity, their grounded nature, their capacity (like all of us) to be so often misunderstood even by themselves.

But most of all, and in particular, I have a great fondness and feel great attraction to women with a capacity for laughter, a good understanding of themselves and a deep understanding of the people around them. Wise women. I am not a leg, breast or arse biased man. I just love wise women.

There are other women I have loved, for other reasons. Some remain friends. After the grande passionalle depicted in purple prose elsewhere in this blog, I found another deep, strong, true love, finally, you see.

It has been a great, wonderful, beautiful and quite heartbreakingly brief time, ladies but I know I am loved and return that love in full - the love of an equal, the love of a friend, the love of an "in another time/on another planet lover".

I must name them, my loves.

Ming, old friend, first among the true band of Marko's women. I salute your strength, your principles, your boundless compassion for others, your generosity with wisdom.

Aza, the saviour of my soul, deeply spiritual and with a heart big enough to pump an ocean.

Lari, wise in self knowledge, high of principle, and with foundations so strong you could park a supertanker on them.

MJ, the irrepressible spirit. I see behind the clown as well you know. Nothing in there is anything but beautiful babes.

Alles, a late but deep arrival. My doppelganger, in petite, young, female form. A troublemaker born and true and ever in the service of others. You are wise beyond your years.

I know you love me, feel that love, return that love.

Yes, I finally got it

A Funny Old Life










.

6 comments:

  1. Proud to be one of 'Marko's Women' I must agree, we are all an extraordinary bunch *grin*... you have great taste Mr Beery xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time I read this, it makes me smile.
    It is a special sort of a gift, one that will be treasured a long long long time :)
    Knowing that I am loved adds an extra something to my life, and I know that you know that in return, you, Marko, are loved. Deeply and whole heartedly. \o/

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes. its a funny old life, isn't it? Long talks, hugs from afar, and then that revelation: TRYING to be a good person MAKES you a good person. It goes for both of us my sweet friend, i truly believe that the chat we had that afternoon changed my life. Love you dearly for and since time shared..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Namaste my love,
    I have learned as much from you as you claim from me, the honor in our meeting is all mine

    ReplyDelete